LFS booboo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mazilla

Aquarium Advice Regular
are polyps supposed to cost something? i bought some live rock out of one of the display tanks, from the store's new guy. it is covered in mushroom polyps, and the guy charged me 4.99 a lb. there are like 30 in all, ranging from 1/4" to 2"+. the total was $15.00, my question is, is that good? i dont want to mention it at the store and get the little guy in trouble, he reminds me of harry potter and is like 16. i would however like to go back and buy the rest of it if it was'nt a fluke. thanks

8.99 a lb? holy crap. i bought 50 ish pounds of lr for 4.50 a lb from the same guys, and it all came right out of a 300g reef tank somebody broke down days before. i got a sponge, one 15lb rock has like 50 feather dusters on it, and the majority is covered in coralline.oh, and it's button polyp not mushroom polyp by the way. so did he f$%! up and might get in trouble, or are button polyps like whatever?

They are a dime a dozen. He`ll be OK. By the way I bought 200 lbs of cured LR at 8.99 a LB. Just wanted to get cured already and pick my pieces.

crap thats allot of money, it really gives me something to look forward to when i upgrade. thanks for that.

yeah, your tank kicks ass. is there any reason your rock is so costly compared to mine, other than location?

My LFS is more Greedy LOL. They all charge different prices. Someone was just on here the other day saying there LFS charges 12.99 a LB

That was me, mel. I was at a store and saw a really cool piece. It was $12.99/Lbs. My LFS in town is $8.99.

HOLLY CRAP!

Thats a rip off! My LFS sells goog cured LR for 3.99lb! And if you buy more than 10lbs, they sell it for 3.50!!

But they really dont have any more than 60-70lbs at a time so picking is scarce!

Back
Top Bottom