Lid for a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horsegirlmaddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I bought a 60 gallon tank last night, used. It came with two glass pieces as a lid, but they only cover 1/3 of the top each leaving he middle third open. I'm planning on having gobies in this tank, and I really really don't want them to go carpet surfing, therefore I need a tight fitting, completely closed lid. I wouldn't know where to get one in the first place, but it's made even more difficult by the fact that the tank is custom made (was in a wall).
It is 4 feet long by only 1 foot deep (2 feet tall). So does anyone know where I could get/how I could make a suitable lid?

Go to the hardware store and purchase some plexiglass and make a lid to fit...My son made one for my hexagon and it works terrific!

White Egg Crate Lighting Panel!!

Got mine for 12 bucks, was able to cut it to shape. Lets the O2 exchange happen, while making sure your fish does not jump.

I did have a Clown jump from the opening on the left side of my tank where the filter tube goes into. I didn't cut it tight enough, so just make sure you do. Besides that have not had a single problem now and a fish would have to try very hard to jump out of my tank.

Attachments

• IMG_8245.jpg
    IMG_8245.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7269.jpg
    IMG_7269.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 82
baron1282 said:
White Egg Crate Lighting Panel!!

Got mine for 12 bucks, was able to cut it to shape. Lets the O2 exchange happen, while making sure your fish does not jump.

I did have a Clown jump from the opening on the left side of my tank where the filter tube goes into. I didn't cut it tight enough, so just make sure you do. Besides that have not had a single problem now and a fish would have to try very hard to jump out of my tank.

The tank actually has drilled holes in the bottom for a cannister filter, so the lid would seal the entire thing. Where did you get that paneling???? That's exactly what I've been looking for- I need a breeding grate for my clawed frogs!!

Home Depot is where I got mine. Low's should have it as well.

Mr_X. Yeah, that would be a great idea! I might look into that as well.

Back
Top Bottom