Light for quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrick Bateman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It will be a 20 gallon tank, and I plan on quarantining every fish for between 4 and 6 weeks, so I want them to be happy and healthy while they're in there. I found this light, and it seems like a really good deal.

24" Aqualight T-5 - Double Linear Strip - 58020

Would this be a good light for my QT? Eventually dwarf angels and butterflies will likely be quarantined in this tank. What do the experts think?

As an aside, I recently purchased this light for my main tank.

HL 48" 4 Lamp T5 Fixture - 614848

It's an incredible deal especially when you consider that it comes with 4 lights included for free. It made my tank look so gorgeous I could barely believe it. Now I'm ready for any kind of coral or invert :) You've got to be a little creative and handy to mount it on your tank though unless you just want to hang it above your tank. The mounting legs that I bought didn't work at all. Any suggestions about the kinds of legs I can use to mount it several inches above my tank to avoid problems with the skimmer being in the way?

That is fine or any single striplight. Nothing fancy is needed for a QT, but enough to make the animal well visible.

I agree, lighting is not as important for fish as it is for some corals.

Back
Top Bottom