lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok guys..I run a fowlr setup...I have just a normal floruscent twin tube fixture(for now)..I have 2 bulbs in there...ones a 10000k coralife and ones a acnitic blue lamp..I run them at the same time..should i be? with a normal twin tube flo, what bulbs would work the best in there with what combo.

Thanks

2 clowns
3 blu green chromis
1 peppermint shrimp
5 turbo snails
2 em crabs
135lb liverock

Yes, you should run them at the same time. If you're happy with the look then there's no need to change anything.

yes very happy with it, even though at nite it looks like there something weird glowing from my house when i pull in(damn blue light)...I also want to try to add some "moonlight" without spending the crazy money.Maybe some blue nightlights?? ANyone have any suggestions..I am eventually going to upgrade my lighting for reef but for now..

Thanks

Look in the sponsor special forum we are runing a special on moonlites right now for AA.com members. If you want moonlites and are going to upgrade in the future take a look at the Custom SeaLife power compact moonlight hoods. These would allow you to keep pretty much anything except SPS and clams and they have built in moonlites. Just food for thought

Back
Top Bottom