Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. So I'm starting my first salt water tank. It's going to be live rock and fish. I'm not sure about the lighting. I got a marine glo bulb but it is extremely bright blue. Was wondering if I can use my aqua glo bulb but im not sure if it's good enough. Anyone know?

If you aren't going to have corals then then any light will do, it's just for your viewing pleasure.

Now if you're planning on doing corals then no, I don't think that light will be enough

Ok cool. That marine glo is so bright it blocked the view of my discus tank . Are all the marine bulbs super bright like that?

I guess it just depends on the type, whether it be T5HO, NO or something like T8's or T12's.

Not really IME though

As mentioned you`ll ne more intense lighting than that system. Depends on what type corals. What size tank is this going to be?

It's a 75. Not going to do any corals just live rock and a volitan lionfish or a porcupine puffer.

Well through the research I have done tank size is very debatable. Most info I read is that the tank will be fine as long as i stay up with the water changes.most sites say 75 is fine for the lionfish and for the puffer is a little small because of the messy eating if the tank isn't maintained well. It's going to be a one fish tank so i don't see an issue.

Back
Top Bottom