Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamsound1

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you guys and gals think about coralife lighting for fish only tank?

For a fish only or FOWLR, you can use any light that you like. It can be a stock light that comes with the tank if you like. Or you can buy LEDS if you like the shimmer. For my FOWLR, I bought the Marineland LEDS cuz I like LEDS and wanted the moonlight, but used the stock light for a little while first.

Yeah I like LEDs cause they do look really cool and stuff but are very expensive

According to marinedepot.com it is an excellent choice for aquarium lighting.

Get a few strips something like $80. Find a deal on ebay or someplace. It's got to be cheaper than the coralife light, and they the light really penetrates through the water so it's not like you'll need an excessive amount.

Coralife 36 Inch Aqualight With 1-96W Actinic / 1-96W. This is what I have lighting my 135g fowlr. Works and looks great. Very happy with them.

I just added 150lbs of cured rock and 35lbs of live rock to my tank and want to add an anemone, or a couple frags. Will the lighting that I have support this creatures?

I just added 150lbs of cured rock and 35lbs of live rock to my tank and want to add an anemone, or a couple frags. Will the lighting that I have support this creatures?

It is not going to work. If you are doing FOWLR, almost any light will look good as long as they are 1) bright enough to lite the full tank and 2) give the proper color(kind of personal preference, can be white or blue)
for example this picture is a single 3W LED clip light lite up a 24x24x24 tank and it is only $25.00
img_2351541_0_3330984fb61281755453a74361983a09.jpg

But when you moving towards keeping frag and especially Anemone, it is not going to be enough. You will need at least 6-9watt per gallon on PC T5 or even MH.

That is when lighting cost start to go up.

Back
Top Bottom