lighting advice for 20 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
so this is my 2nd thread regarding my tank i have yet to set up, focusing on lighting

i bought a 20g long with a 30 inch hood single t8 17 watts from petsmart

i tested the light and surprisingly it was bright, but not blue, I want that blue lighting

the hood cost about 40 bucks so i can return it and buy another one, or just keep it and replace the bulb, i dont care which but it would be less of a hassle to just replace the bulb

what bulb should/can i replace it with? i like those with a blue tint so it looks really nice

i know t5's are nice but i dont really plan on doing corals and personally i like em but dont care for em. I do see myself doing it within a year but not within the next few months at least, by than i wouldnt mind upgrading my whole hood all together since i would have more money than

thanks that actually looks nice

just to make sure, these are not sufficient for coral right? i would still have to upgrade in the future?

If you don't want corals and just for color since you want to keep the t8, a 10,000k or 12,000k bulb may be what you want

i only have room for one bulb so i think ill get the one that was posted first, since it said it has blue in it i believe i forget how much

but as long as it looks at least some what like the videos i see on youtube, ill be happy

Back
Top Bottom