lighting schedule for compact flourescents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Closetcanibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am relatively new for the comact flourescents. i just got a dual lamp 36" unit with a 10,000k 96 watt and a 96watt bluelight. have it on a 75gal arcrylic. Question is what would the best schedule for my FOWLER be with these lights?

you can turn them on and off as you please. Fish only need light to see to eat. You can put a timer on them and run them for the time you are able to view the tank. Say, after work from 5 til 9 or something like that....

mr_X said:
you can turn them on and off as you please. Fish only need light to see to eat. You can put a timer on them and run them for the time you are able to view the tank. Say, after work from 5 til 9 or something like that....

I was pretty sure that to promote coralline algae and the positive growth I would want to have a schedule?

Coralline will grow with just ambient light from the window. I would be more worried about nuisance algae growing than the lack of coralline. If you were concerned about coloring up the rock, then 6 hours a day would be plenty.

mr_X said:
Coralline will grow with just ambient light from the window. I would be more worried about nuisance algae growing than the lack of coralline. If you were concerned about coloring up the rock, then 6 hours a day would be plenty.

See that's good to know I'm looking at eventually moving over to reef at some time but not quite yet. Not enough cash in a year.

Back
Top Bottom