Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-14-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to lawdawg18
Lighting suggestions for FOWLR 150 tank

My brothers LFS has some coupons for 40% any regular priced item, buy one get one free tropical fish, 50% off saltwater fish, buyone get one free plants, and a bunch of other stuff on sale I thought now might be a good time to get some lights for my new 150. Its going to be FOWLR, I'd like to keep an anemone later but dont feel like I know enough about them yet.
what are some suggestions?

I thought about just some Home Depot shop lights but worried it wouldn't light the tank enough since the tank in 30 inches tall.

The tank is 72 inches long.

lawdawg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 11:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
You're looking at a lot of light if you want to keep anemones.. something like 3x250w MH would be the minimum I would get. You might even need 4 to cover the whole length.

And if there's any chance at all you might want to go full reef in the future, you should consider going for 400w bulbs instead.

Ofcourse if you don't go for any anemones and stick to fish only then you can put pretty much any lighting on there.
My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- Rodney Dangerfield.

Click HERE to vote for Aquarium Advice!
Atari is offline   Reply With Quote

fowlr, light, lighting, suggestions, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com