line fish issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pyrotony

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently put this lionfish in my tank and he had no signs of discolorization and this started, it has spread from a small spot to the current size in about 3 days, he is still acclimating and was added with another lion at the same time who is only slightly bigger, it is a fish only with live rock aquarium and he has been eating silversides since the day he was introduced, my tank is 125 gallons with an aqueon proflex 4 refugium setup and has great water flow, did a water change last night everything looks good chemically and he is becoming more active in the tank the more time goes by, just concerned about this discoloration, any advice would be appreciated, oh, and I only use ro/ di water in tanks, thanks
l1.jpeg
ls.jpeg

It looks to me like he must have shed his skin. Lionfish will shed if under stress, sick or growing. Since, he was just placed in a new tank my guess is stress. If he does not show any signs of parasites on his body and eats fine I would not be overly concern. It should only take a week or two for his colour to return. I would add vitamins and garlic guard to his food to boost his immune system. Also, feed him a verity of foods such as mysis, silversiders and scallops.

Continue keeping an eye on him for any parasites just incase ^^

Back
Top Bottom