Lion feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1610

Aquarium Advice Regular
When I get my fuzzy dwarf and radiata lion's I would like to know how much to feed them.

Here's the situation; 4" fuzzy 4-5" radiata both weened on to frozen silversides, how much and how often should I feed them per day?

Also if anyone knows about the growth rate of these fish, that would be great.

:thanks:

Once weened onto frozen or pellets, they only need to be fed once every few days - the dwarf perhaps more often than the radiata but both should be fine to get a meal every 3rd day or so. Feed them until their stomach is visibly full, but not to the point of extreme bulging.

It will be most effective to feed the silversides from a feeding prong - I tip mine with heavy monofilament fishing line. If you are only feeding silversides I would recommend soaking in Selcon or a similar supplement to ensure nutrition. Ideally you will ween them onto a good pelleted food such as NLS.

It will be very tempting, but you must be careful not to overfeed. Two lions in a tank will not be easy on the upkeep.

Thanks pillow, will do. But how much should I feed them each time?

Back
Top Bottom