lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 75 gal comm tank.i was thinking of getting some lion fish.i like the radiata,antennata,fuzzt dwarf,dwarf zebra and the fu manchu.i no they get big but live aquaria says 50 -70 on all of these.are they all compatable.if not which ones can i get and how many.

That tank would be sooooooo overstocked if you got all of those. They are very messy eaters. If you have a community tank, dont get a lion. It will eat anything up to 2/3 of its size sometimes.

Ha all lions except dwarfs really shouldn't be in anything under a 150. they get huge! Dwarfs I say 55 but no do put all those together you would need something like a 1000 gallon tank

That is a good plan. Expect stay with the dwarfs in the 75. Fu manchus are awesomr

I have a dwarf zebra in my 55 community, and he is doing well. The smallest fish is my ocellaris clown and the lion hasn't bothered him. I feed him feeder guppiers or shrimp 2x a week, and he seems healthy and happy.

i didnt say i was going to purchase all of them i said those are the ones i like.i would only get three dwarfs and maybe a yellow scorpion and a foxface.

Ok good! Lol that's what we thought you were saying. But still if you do that I would still only do two dwarfs

if i do two dwarfs can i still get a foxface and how many scorpionn fish.i dont want to do alot of pwc

It's because they are messy eaters. They will leave food bits about and that will cause high nutrient levels leading to high nitrate levels. Even on a normal tank without "messy eaters", expect 10-20% weekly water changes in order to keep your parameters in check and add the trace elements back into the tank that are needed. (trace elements come in salt mix)

i'm not doughting you but i had this tank running for a year with 10 percent changes every other week and never had a problem.i only had 8 little fish though.thats going to cost more in salt than feeding my bull mastiff lol
:lol:

That is a good plan. Expect stay with the dwarfs in the 75. Fu manchus are awesomr
sorry to butt in but have you had a fu manchu? i read they where hard to train to frozen and are the harder dwarf lion to keep. i ask because ive considered one.

I never said it wasn't hard to keep I said they were awesome. And yes I have had one before and he have me no problems.

Back
Top Bottom