Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Losthopes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anyone know any pretty fish I could put in with a lionfish that it wouldn't eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lions generally won't go after any fish too large for them to swallow. Stick to rounder shaped fish over elongated fish to house with the lion and you should be fine. Long and skinny is much easier to eat than short and round ;) Just make sure that whatever you put in there is bigger than the lion's mouth.

Hope this helps (y)

Trigger fish, puffers, snowflake eel, and anything that won't fit in their mouth. How big is your tank?

I wouldn't add puffers because they might nip at the long fins that the lionfish has. Triggers might do the same thing.

I have a 60g tank and thank you

also what kind of lionfish are you talking about as there are lots of different ones that grow to different sizes. id assume with the 60 gal your looking at the dwarf species

I was looking at the antennata lion is what I was wanting to get

Sent from my iPhone

thats the one i have. its a awesome lion. quite the little bugger i have :) just make sure what you have is large. mine is only 2-3 inches right now so i can keep him in with more smaller stuff but they get 7 inches so just be prepared to only get bigger fish

Ya I was looking at them thought they were amazing and it was able to fit in my tank from what I seen

Sent from my iPhone

Good choice, They are like a Radiata without the price tag ;) With the right lighting, those white fins should shine! Post pics if/when you get it. (y)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409186349.138858.jpg but. Unfortunately he died because of a brand of rock called coralline reef rock that seem to turn my tank toxic and killed everything in it in two days so :( but I'm working on a full clean on tank gunna put new sand and filter medias in and give it another shot

Sent from my iPhone

I have a mombassa lion. He's great. When he fans out and swims in open water he's much larger than when he's perched in the corner. That being said, I went through 3 diamond gobies (each larger than the last) before I said no more. His mouth is the size of a silver dollar when he yawns. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409193465.706166.jpg

Back
Top Bottom