List fish that are compatible w/ own species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christine22780

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering who could come up with fish that are compatible in a pair of two, OR MORE!
I can think of:

1...Chromis:-DI didnt realize what neat fish these are, schooling, and changing color..Cheap too, they are also cycling my tank very nicely!

2...Damsels- arent very friendly, but yes...

Does anyone have more than 1 Trigger fish? I had a Picaso and a Niger for afew months but got rid of the Picaso since he was eating other fish.

Many, many fish can tolerate conspecifics, but are you referring to a mated pair/trio or just having two of the same specie in a tank? Is this question referring to something you would like to house and gaining some ideas on? :)

Im just curious about having same species in the tank. I dont really have any specifics.. Just observing all the comments it doesnt seem like alot are all that friendly with eachother.

All fish have their territorial disputes and/or hierarchies even within just a mated pair. I honestly cannot think of an animal that doesn't get along with a conspecific and, of course, depending on the environment including tank size.

Thanx for your concerns, but know that I put them in actually after the high amonia, and high nitrite phase..Ive added some comments before about how my tank is going. :):D

Spotted Cardinalfish, Kaudern's Cardinal, Clown fish, Bartlett's Anthias, Firefish, etc. There are many fish that do well in pairs or groups. It all depends on the size of your tank and how much LR or hiding space you offer them.

Back
Top Bottom