Live Rock - Can I Add More?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so at the present I dont have enough moulah to stock my 75gal aquarium with live rock. I'm about to prepare the water and have it sit in the tank for a week or two getting the hang of doing some of the basic tests. I plan on ordering my LR online, but not all at once. Probably going to order half sometime next week and start my cycle. Now, when I add the second half, am I going to have to go through the entire cycleing process? The liverock im ordering is from liveaquaria.com, a 45lb box of Fiji rock that comes cured.

There will be some die-off during shipping so you might see a mini-cycle when you add the second half.

I agree. There will be dieoff if shipped. If you get it at your LFS or cure it yourself then it should be OK.

I would do that, but I get so much more online for the same price >.< What will i have to do to the second set of shipped LR to be able to put into my tank?

Around my area there are always people taking down tanks and selling off their live rock usually between 3 and 5 a lb I see it on a couple of local forums and on craigslist regularly.

Back
Top Bottom