Live Rock dips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suprised

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What can I dip live rock in to get bristle worms out of the rock. Freshwater? Carbonated salt water?

Pretty straight forward question. Thanks.

I would see no reason to do that. Bristleworms are harmless detrivors that should not be removed. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

In any event I strongly dislike them. I dont think this is too unreasonable. I've got some that wonder around during the day and i find them quite unattractive. I know detrivors are beneficial but i think my clean up crew of crabs and snails will do the job in my seriously understocked overfiltered 55.

I was just wondering if the dips i mentioned will lure them out of the rock.

It's not been my experience that dips are effective on bristle worms. You can take a new nylon stocking, add a piece of shrimp or krill and hang it in the aquarium at night when the lights go out, then remove it in the morning, they will get there bristles stuck in the nylon, be careful not to touch it, bristle worm stings are painful.

You can also employ other means, dottybacks love bristle worms and will happily hunt them down and eat them.

Back
Top Bottom