Live Rock dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type of lighting is over the tank, tank size and how old is the LR?

Also have you used and meds on the tank?

If the fish in the tank are ok and your water tests out ok, then I'd guess just not enought light, but I will know more after I get some info.

For good coraline growth, you need above average light (high in the actinic spectrum), CA levels above 400 with a balanced ALK, good waterflow and some coraline encrusted rock to seed the tank.

Yes, its a new rock and my PH is too high (probally because of my low salt level?)

Should I use those calcium or whatever addatives for it?

my PH is too high (probally because of my low salt level?)

What is your pH -- and your salinity level?

Should I use those calcium or whatever addatives for it?

No ... at least not without first testing your calcium & alk. levels. Based on those readings, we can offer some suggestions. What kind of lighting do you have?

As a general rule you should never dose your tank for items you do not test for. By adding an additive to your tank and not testing you wont know if your adding to much, if your not adding enough or even if its needed.

Every tank is uniqe. One tank might require 2X as much calcium as another tank simply because of the amount of rock/corals.

Most tanks that are simply FOWLR dont need calicum to be added as long as regular and frequent water changes are done.

Back
Top Bottom