Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2003, 06:40 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Apparently I must have received the last of the batch, as my rock looks like "live rubble" compared to yours. I emailed the company, as this is ridiculous.
Feel free to send them my pictures along with copys of yours and ask them if they consider it equal product. Did you happen to get pictures of yours yet?

Of the three boxes i got, I would say 90#'s out of the 120 were in pieces larger than 8 inches. and about 20% of that was larger than 12

I hope this helps you out some, and keep us informed on your issue.

Zero

Why Settle For The Lesser Evil! Vote Cthulhu!

Live in Nevada? Visit the Nevada Regional Forum at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewfo...dcb6a37297e562
CountZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:54 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is there a reason I cant see the pictures when I view this page? Can anyone else?
Zero

Live in Nevada? Visit the Nevada Regional Forum at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewfo...dcb6a37297e562
Old 11-23-2003, 04:32 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to TriggerHappy Send a message via MSN to TriggerHappy Send a message via Yahoo to TriggerHappy
right click on the image, copy the properties, and paste into a browser address bar, that worked for me. Rock looks good!

Tank Setup
Niger Trigger
Maroon Clown
BiColor Angel
P-H 8.2 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 10-15ppm
Crushed Coral 60lbs
1 MaxiJet 1200 PH, 1 ZooMed PH, XP2 Filstar

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're going to feel all day."
Dean Martin.
TriggerHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:35 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappy
right click on the image, copy the properties, and paste into a browser address bar, that worked for me. Rock looks good!
Thanks. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong as alot of people seem to post them within the body of the message, I figured I was just borderline retarded

I agree that the rocks look good, however I agree with what Nightspirit said, Arranging them is gonna be... Different. They are very tall and flat, not normal rock shaped, I guess I can figure something out, but i am gonna wait till the rest of the milk settles out of my tank

Old 11-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

I got a response. I don't think they even read the whole email,
it appears they just sent a generic response. My whole
email was about how the pieces were very small and
a good portion of it was rubble. Nowhere did I mention the
"life" of the rock.

Here is their response:

We apologize that the rock you received did not have the life on it as you friend's rock did. This rock does have to be cured before it is added into the tank, and during this process a lot of the life that is on the rocks can be lost. Once the curing process is done, and the rock is added into the tank you should be able to see a lot of the coraline algae return on the rocks. It will take some time, and the correct water conditions for this to happen, but you will see this life return. The amount of life that comes on the rocks will depend on what we are able to harvest from the wild. So it may not be that you received the last of the rock, but this rock does not have the same life on it. As long as this rock is cured, and then added into your tank you should see a lot of this coraline algae return to the rocks.

Duh, I already knew this.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:40 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

Try calling them. People are allways alot more likely to blow you off in E-mail then over the phone I have found.
Zero

Old 11-24-2003, 11:33 PM   #37
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountZero
Is there a reason I cant see the pictures when I view this page? Can anyone else?
Zero
Geocities does not allow hotlinking (ie linking the image's from websites other than the website teh files are stored on). Thus the only way to see them is how Triggerhappy described.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 06:13 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
Geocities does not allow hotlinking (ie linking the image's from websites other than the website teh files are stored on). Thus the only way to see them is how Triggerhappy described.
Ahh, I did not know that. Anyone know a good site for free web storage that allows hotlinking?
Zero

Old 11-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #39
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I dont know of any free sites that allow hotlinking but remember you have a 1mb quota to upload photos here in the forums as well as a 1mb quota in the photo gallery.

opps. I see your an alumni so that would give you a 4mb quota for the forums and a 4mb quota in the photo gallery. Thusyou could upload the photos here. Remember the file size limit for photos uploaded to the forums is 100KB and the file size limit in the photo gallery is 250kb.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 03:47 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Once the curing process is done, and the rock is added into the tank you should be able to see a lot of the coraline algae return on the rocks. It will take some time, and the correct water conditions for this to happen, but you will see this life return.
wow, so coralline is their description of "live rock"? Didnt know coralline was used as the basis for live rock. Sounds like a bunk place to me.

Tags
live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com