Live Rock From LiveAquaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I`ve never bought it from there but it does look nice and pourus which is what you need for good nitrifying bacteria.

I did a few years back. It was pretty nice though I had trouble getting the coraline started, but that was not a huge issue.

Cool. I have right now 58LBs of LR/BR in my system I want to add and extra 30 to 40LBs more. I really don't have a real solid Foundation Or any huge pieces of Rock. So hopefully this will complete my LR add...

I bought the 22# box and I got two huge pieces (that I ended smashing into about 20 pieces). I think you will like it :)

Having it mailed may mean you'll have to cure that quantity outside of the tank before adding it. 40 new lbs to 58 existing.

Yeah, a friend of mine~and mentor~ got the tongan luive rock and he really liked it. Tonga has stopped exporting their live rock permanently, unfortunatly. Later when he set up a new tank a month or two ago he got the figi rock and was very pleases with it.

As heavy as rock is, I can't imagine it being very cost effective to have it shipped to you.

Thanks guys for all the input.... Another 30# should be good enough for my system.

As heavy as rock is, I can't imagine it being very cost effective to have it shipped to you.

My LFS charges $14.99/lb for Fiji Live rock. I bought 50lbs of Pohnpei Liverock from Underwateroutlets.com for $190 with FREE SHIPPING. Rock was ordered and received in 4days.

It came out to $3.80 a pound which I could NEVER get locally. 50lbs of LR fromt he LFS would run me approx $750

This is my first SW tank so I have nothing to compare the rock to. But, it was DEF "Alive" and my tank is doing great 1.5months later!

lr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom