Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2004, 02:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to heyprettyoo
Live rock on the internet

I was looking at various fish web-sites the other day and I came across a web site that sells live rock. I was wondering if this was a reliable source to get live rock . The site had pictures of the live rock and it was beautiful please take a look and let me know if getting live rock on the web is a good idea THANKS http://www.aquacon.com this is the web site

Old 03-01-2004, 02:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to yaksplat Send a message via MSN to yaksplat Send a message via Yahoo to yaksplat
I got mine from liverocks.com. I'm extremely happy with it.

Jim

Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

yak did you buy the keys rock or gulf just curious
Old 03-01-2004, 03:27 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got mine from live rocks also, got the gulf rock. Great looking stuff with plenty of stuff living on it.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 03:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

my guess is that the keys rock is better just my thought
Old 03-01-2004, 03:31 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to yaksplat Send a message via MSN to yaksplat Send a message via Yahoo to yaksplat
i've got 80# of keys. Once i get rid of the isopods i'll love it a lot more. I think there's still a few stragglers....
Old 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got 40 lbs of gulf rock. I originally wanted keys rock but had to wait until late march. This is going strictly from the pictures. I didn't want to wait so I got the gulf rock and I'm here to tell you the pictures don't do it justice.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

true but the keys will be much much better for sure !! the gulf rock is to far north if ya ask me
Old 03-02-2004, 12:04 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

heyprettyoo,

When I was first buying LR a year ago, that site was not getting good reviews. I got my first rock from FlyingFishExpress now part of Dr. Foster and Smith (http://www.liveaquaria.com). Great rock for transhipped LR.

I also got some from another site that escapes me at the moment. I'll try to dig it up and post later. It was aquacultured and also quite good.

I recently got another shipment of LR from liverocks.com. (a forum sponsor). Very nice porous rock, lot's of unwanted hitchhikers. I expect this rock to be some of the best in my tank in time.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 01:25 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Zack
Quote:
true but the keys will be much much better for sure !! the gulf rock is to far north if ya ask me
The gulf rock is much more hardier since the condtions can rang from 65 degrees to 85. There is more life on the gulf as well. The keys has some nice rock, VERY NICE, but not as much life.

Tags
live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com