live rock organisms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delpro

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
have a new tank live rock is 50 lbs of eva tonga and branch from a 3year old dealer tank that was transferred to my new tank...it is now 5wks...tank is cycled....noticed small custers of white "blobs" in low light areas on rock...seem to have two small "hair" like tentacles on end....what are these??...Sponges???...PESts??? please help send post and e mail please...thank you..i am a new saltwater aquariast and need your help...

Any way to get a picture of it? it would make it easier to indentify..

sorry no pic

they are too small to really catch on camera

Could be a type of worm like a feather duster...I have many many worms like these channeling on my LR. Some have red plumes and some are grey and white...They disappear when I get close or startle them... Does this sound about right?

yes looks like a tiny pineapple...with fine hair folicles on body and two antennae on top very small organism.....white in color....some clusters inon rock...does this help...thank you

sponge?

looks very close to those sponges on the link, however there are two short antennae type items on top.....so far they are abput 1/16th " long and pure white....seem do grow in lower light sections of my live rock

Back
Top Bottom