Live Rock Purchase (west coast)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlips12

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am about ready to purcahse my live rock online and wanted to know if any of you have experience with any west coast distributors. I live in Northern California and wanted to get the rock as "fresh" as possible. I did look in the retailers section of the forum and found some suggestions but was not sure where they are from. If that even matters. Please help me out if you could

supposed to be some good rock at www.eastcoastclams.com . I bought some nice rock from www.tampabaysaltwater.com. but the aquaculture theres on the oceanfloor and are know for having rock with mantis shrimp in it. which I am still trying to determin if this is whats in my tank. I haven't heard any clicking sounds, but saw his little eyes peeping out of a hole. so I keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping that its something differant. 0X

So no one from the west coast as far as you know. What is the issues with the mantis shrimp. Remember I am a rookie at this saltwater stuff. :lol:

Fishlips, I've ordered live rock from www.marinedepotlive.com, they have a special going, the rock was good, but dirty I learned my lesson I should have cleaned it up a bit before putting it in. Marinedepotlive is located in So. California, actually they are in Anaheim near Disneyland. We found at the time it was a good buy we got 45 pounds of live rock for 149 that included shipping, I believe they still have the same deal going. Good luck :)

they kill snails, and fish as they swim bye. they wheal these tallons or clas, of theres at something like 10 meters per sec. they can crack a snails shel open, and can also, and have benn known to, break fingers lascerate hands, and shatter aquarium glass. and as I say this I can here clicking. DAMN! by god wheres he at :rocket:

Fishlips,

Try searching for Live Rock on google. Many(if not most) of the MO dealers of pacific LR are in Cal.

Brian

I bought mine from flyingfish express.. .now part of Dr. Fosters & Smith. They have 45lb boxes for $99.00. When I bought mine it was Walt Smith Premium Fiji and I was very pleased with it.

http://www.aquatictech.com
A friend of mine ordered the Premium Fiji from them. I think he paid $2.20 a lb. It ships from LA (unless you buy cured it ships from Ohio)

Good luck. Let me know if you find anything, I will be about a month behind you. Waiting for my equipment to arrive.

Yeah I think I will go with liveaquaria the price is 99 buck for a 45pound box but the shipping per pound puts it at a total of 152.55 or 3.39 which is cheaper than the LFS.

did you try "6th avenue aquarium" on clement and 6th in SF???? they have a huge selection of rock and fish and inverts and everything. Go on Sundays, they have a sunday sale and everything is half off so they can bring in new stock.

Back
Top Bottom