live rock question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
For a 55 gal tank I think I probably should have at least 60# of live rock. But If I don't have that much rock in my tank is there another way to aid in my filtration via my sump? What could I add to help untill I get enough rock?

Any kind of biomedia will work really.. basically just something with a lot of surface area. Bioballs or those ceramic hoops that fluvals use spring to mind.

Just be sure to rinse them in SW on a regular basis to clean off any detritus that might raise nitrates.

y not by some hirocks base rock? it is very cheap and if u have some live rock the base will eventually become live

i got 30 lbs of base rock for 15.00 off ebay just so u know :) it is considerably cheaper than live rock..i only have 6 lbs of live rock and in 3 months i have pods all over my base rock...

new 25 gallon saltwater tank, dont have any fish yet and am finished cycling the tank. the tank is empty with just livesand in it. has a wisper 40 an a seaclone100 skimmer running. what next?
live rock or artifical?

please help!

Back
Top Bottom