Live Rock Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morrigan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got back from my lfs, I was trying to price some lr. However, they couldn't tell me where the rock had come from, they didn't know if it was already cured, and they wouldn't let me see it until I bought it, plus their "live" sand was very un-live, expensive playsand :( so much for having a good lfs then... So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a place on-line to buy lr and sand, and maybe livestock as well.

hehehe i would prob never walk into that store again unless it was an emergency !! thats a joke they know were they buying it (mabe not the wholesaler info but what kind they get is my point )and if they dont want to tell then imo they hiding something so wouldnt trust them for anything !!

everyone luvs the life on liverocks.com !! some good some bad but your choice of what to keep !! after seeing a local reefers tank the other weekend i really love the look of marshall island rock but $$$$$$

yeah, if that's your only LFS, i'd go liverocks.com

one LFS here can only order me live rock...the other one carries it regularly, and it's just basic reef rock. incidentally the cost will be about the same either way, so I'm going with LR.com cuz of all the recommendations

Everything I've heard about liverocks.com is good I'll probably go with them. There are a few more stores I'm going to check out the weekend they're 2 hours away from me though, not quite "local" but it's worth a try.

Well this is jmo but the live rock I got from liveaquaria.com is not what I expected so next time I will look into liverocks.com But if your looking for over priced base rock to cycle your tank well by all means look at liveaquaria.com lol

Hammer.

It's hit or miss with lfs lr. One store I go too had lots of lr but did not have much coralline growth. The other lfs was picked clean on uncured lr but had some really nice cured for a buck more a lb - I have found a snail and a crab already. :eek:

BTW, if they don't know if it's cured, it aint cured! Cured lr goes for a premium price - no way they would miss out on that money. I'd steer clear of this place - even for dry goods; they don't deserve your business.

Back
Top Bottom