Live rock turning green

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
My live rock was white when I first put it in now it looks moldy is this ok ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389740423.347275.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389740440.520401.jpg

Moldy? It probably isn't mold, but algae. It's completely normal and will continue to grow until it is taken over by coralline algae (the pretty purple stuff). Your tank looks pretty new, you'll be seeing lots of weird things as the tank stabilizes.

Ok haha man I was scared there for a sec no you're right I just put water in it and the rock on Sunday so yah but it's just mold for certain

Ok haha man I was scared there for a sec no you're right I just put water in it and the rock on Sunday so yah but it's just mold for certain

can you post a clearer picture?

I'm almost 100% it's not mold, just the beginning of algae growth :)

Ya ok I will try and looking closely at it it looks in some areas a darker green... plant like which I assume is progressed algae

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389745658.759864.jpg here's the best I could do for better quality... What do you think

Is it the white part? it kinda looks just like sand to me, is it fuzzy or furry?

never mind I just read you meant the green part it's definitely algae and nothing to worry about at this point. Completely normal. Your parameters are probably off because the tank is cycling. You're going to see a few different types of algae as your tank matures, but eventually you'll want to balance light, phosphates and nitrates to keep algae away.

It's not sand soft of fuzzy its green same feeling as a normal rock

Yah but the stuff that looks like sand the stuff you saw on the first pictureImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389747096.893175.jpg

It looks like what I just read a green coralline disease is that ok

Back
Top Bottom