long nose hawkfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 75 gal comm tank with two clowns and a lawnmower blenny.i here they are semi aggresive and territorial.is there anything i should be concerned about.

feeding long nose hawkfish

ive only had mine a few hours but ive heard some different oppinions on feeding.i dont really like to feed live foods cause if they dont eat it and you cant get it out it will screw up your parimaters.is there a healthy flake food they can eat?i have a a lawn mower blenny and he doesnt eat algae too much but he has a big appitite for flake.i have two clowns and the blenny.

I bought this long nose hawkfish and am having a problem feeding it.

i bought this fish yesterday and i have tried flake and silversides with no luck.is it to early to see if he will eat or should i try brine

You should be OK then as that`s the only rap I hear about them is that they will wipe out your inverts.

What food are you trying? A good assortment of frozen and maybe some pellets might entice him to eat. :)

I also agree you should be fine as long as you dont have inverts, thats the only thing I hear they go after.

Good luck!

i have tried silversides and omega one with garlic.im going to the store in a few hours but they have limited food.i think they have frozen mysis shrimp,they dont have live shrimp

I dont think they would eat silversides, too big and greasy. For sure try frozen mysis and brine shrimp, bet he goes for one of them!

bought some mysis shrimp,that was the answer thanks

Back
Top Bottom