Longtime freshie going salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Week 1

image-4261589870.jpg

Next up buying protein skimmer any suggestions for brand or style.
40g breeder

I have two coralife super skimmers and have been thoroughly impressed by them. Just bought a third for my brothers tank as his cone just isn't cutting it.

I got the Reef Octopus BH-1000! It cost me $169, and it's awesome!

The only issue I have, it's a hang on the back Skimmer. It's large, and the pipes are big, so a lid was hard to get on my tank. Still it skims like a champ!

I got the Reef Octopus BH-1000! It cost me $169, and it's awesome!

The only issue I have, it's a hang on the back Skimmer. It's large, and the pipes are big, so a lid was hard to get on my tank. Still it skims like a champ!

Yeah that is the one I have been looking at the only places I can find it locally it is $189. Checking online for it now

Hmmm, wow it went up from the time I bought it. Sorry about that man! I got mine off Amazon.com.

Since you only got a 40 Gallon, You could go with this one!

Amazon.com: Reef Octopus Hang-On- Back Protien Skimmer - BH100: Pet Supplies

It's smaller so it wouldn't be too much of an eyesore like mine is. It's rated up to 60 gallons. If I had to to it all over again, I would have got this one. I have the BH-1000 on a 29 gallon, and it's huge!! The only good thing is I am going to use it for the new 55 gallon I am upgrading too by the end of next month.

Also about the Canister filter. I have had mine on for longer than 3 months now. As long as you are good with the cleaning, you should be fine. It really helps keep my water clear. You got to clean it every week! It does not take me long to clean...

Think I'll check that one out. Yeah I have a pretty good cleaning schedule setup already as I have 16 planted freshwater tanks running five of which have canisters. One is very overcrowded so I have to clean that canister every other week if not every week. So I am already pretty quick at cleaning those:) planning on switching one of my 55s over to salt depending on how this first one goes

Ya how is that reef oc skimmer? I am looking to get one here in a few months when I get out of school

Lucky you I want to get it soooo bad but do not have the money for it right now!!

Waiting on my Tax Return to purchase the rest of the supplies I need for my 55 tank upgrade. :p

Forgot to post the other day. Got 20lb more live rock on Monday and my ammonia is down nitrites dropping and nitrates rising.

image-727927623.jpg

And painted the background

Awesome looking tank!!! What do you plan on putting in? I suggest a 6 Line Wrasse!! Love my guy!!

Still working on stock list. Just checked those out and I like! Think that is on the list now as long as my lady likes :)

Back
Top Bottom