Lookie here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Soo happy with this :)

Attachments

• image-2839950616.jpg
    image-2839950616.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 497
  • image-1865092155.jpg
    image-1865092155.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 516
Id like to renember the name.. Its something like sweetlip clown or something.. With a queen angel and a sailfin tang

Hes been eating frozen mysis for 3 days it was tank bred not sure if that makes a difference

Riley said:
Hes been eating frozen mysis for 3 days it was tank bred not sure if that makes a difference

Beautiful fish.:)
Whats your tank size?
Hope u looked at the link above on liveaquaria. It grows to 3 feet.

Its a temporary stay till my 125 is done cycling.. I know its not a 300 like it needs..

You "think??" it's a sweetlip? And ya didn't know it's gonna get VERY large and will eat smaller fish and crustaceans. And you bought it home and put it in your tank. You need a wet noodle beatdown! :)

Look, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I just wanna warn folks as much as possible about doing just that - bringing something home and not knowing what it is and will become.

I can vouch for the spur of the moment purchases. I bought a scooter "blenny", was promised it woud eat anything and was a blenny. I get home and find out its a dragonet with ultra special dietary requirements. I learned the hard way. You GOTTA research or ask others before you make a purchase. I carry around in my car now a reference for fish and corals just so I'm not gotten again.

Good luck though!

I agree my LFS sold me a neon goby but was actually a engineer goby which get to a foot long had to return him yesterday! :(

I have a royal gramma who is very finicky eater. Only eats live.

I think the best way is to research your fish first.
2nd have the store feed the fish in front of you. Than bring some of that food home with you it will help alot.
I say only buy the one that's eats alot.:)

Great fish, gorgeous colors as always. I had one years ago that was 4" when I bought it. It took a few days to eat well. It eventually took ghost shrimp and frozen krill......however, with 9 months it nearly doubled size and by 12 months it was nearly 12" and was running out of room. Unfortunately, I had to trade him to a local fish fanatic that had a 400g tank to house him. Fair trade though, I got a purple tang and a hippo tang for him.

As said by others, do your research first. LFS will sell u anything to get a buck. Best of luck to you

LOL, we are just sharing how we got burned as well. :)

I think the LFS's get us all at least once. lol

I hope that means I'm not a jerk. :-(

Anyways.. Everyone simma down, sad news to inform everyone.. The fish that started this tussy is missing.. Has been for 2 days .. No remnence of it anywhere

Aww...did you check around the tank? maybe he got it into his head to jump out...or the filter maybe? I found a shrimp once still alive in my overflow so anything is possible. :)

Back
Top Bottom