Looking for a splash of blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicoleIsStoked

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for a nice bright blue fish to add to my tank. For obvious reasons I'm not going with damsels though I think they're adorable. I'd love a blue tang but size doesn't allow me one.
My tank is 50gal long (4 feet) FOWLR currently housing 2 ocell clowns, a foxface, 2 fire shrimp and 4 little hermits. What is a nice blue fish that would suit my tank?

Hey thanks for the link. I don't think shipping in Canada is as readily available as in the states so I have asked my lfs to see if they can order me one. :) last fish to be added to my tank.

I like the bright colour of blue chromis but I've heard about them being very territorial and killing each other. Can anyone weigh in on this?

I have 3 and all are great. They swim and do everything together. They've actually gotten my clowns to come out of their shell a little more and explore the whole tank. While swimming in 1 direction they look blue, in other direction they look green. Hope this helps.

I have 3 green chromis. they're peaceful, get along with everyone in the tank. They're a schooling fish, so get 2-3 of them if you get them.

Beengirl said:
I have 3 green chromis. they're peaceful, get along with everyone in the tank. They're a schooling fish, so get 2-3 of them if you get them.

Did you have any issues adding all three at once with your bioload? I've added two clowns but I do get a little nervous when adding 3 at a time.

nikki_kaiser said:
Did you have any issues adding all three at once with your bioload? I've added two clowns but I do get a little nervous when adding 3 at a time.

I didn't have any issues, but they weren't the first fish in, so the BB had some time to grow. And they were quite small when I got them, so probably didn't produce a lot of waste.

They're not for the faint of heart, but the males are blue. Should be ok in a 50 for a while. They don't need a lot of swimming room and if you can find one, it's a great centerpiece.

Blue spotted box fish
img_2211047_0_91ce5183e857005904e063e496ea117b.jpg

They're not for the faint of heart, but the males are blue. Should be ok in a 50 for a while. They don't need a lot of swimming room and if you can find one, it's a great centerpiece.

Blue spotted box fish
img_2211079_0_91ce5183e857005904e063e496ea117b.jpg

she has semi-aggressive fish that gorgeous blue spot will become the next a-bomb (if you do like this fish just proceed with cation and read read) but gorgeous fish

Back
Top Bottom