Looking for ideas! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Readingexcalibur said:
Any idea how long "instant ocean" salt takes to clear up. Just curious. 24 hours later and it's still hazy. Im in it for the long haul, but it would be nice if it was crystal clear! :)

mine took 48 hours in a 29 gal.

Yeah, so my tank is still just as cloudy as it was last night. That arginite sand will not clear. Hmm

Edit: also found my xP3 with a shattered magnet. It was running but only for a minute an hour after I added the sand. Good thing I bought it a few weeks ago and it is covered under return policy.

Making the executive decision to drain it and start over again. This cloud isn't normal, not like a normal cloudiness.

carey said:
It can sometimes take days for the sandstorm to clear up, just have a bit more patience. :-D

Unfortunately I have particles of magnet and plastic all threw the tank. Nooooooo

Dont do it

Yeah, so my tank is still just as cloudy as it was last night. That arginite sand will not clear. Hmm

Edit: also found my xP3 with a shattered magnet. It was running but only for a minute an hour after I added the sand. Good thing I bought it a few weeks ago and it is covered under return policy.

Making the executive decision to drain it and start over again. This cloud isn't normal, not like a normal cloudiness.

my tank was the same as yours it will clear it takes longer in a big tank, you will have the same problem starting over, good luck Joe

Alright, back on track, cycling, looking good, have detectable traces of ammonia. :)

Have to wait on my new xP3 filter, still have one cycling! Went to the lfs today and found the antenna lion fish I want. They said they get them in pretty regularly. excited!

Back
Top Bottom