looking for live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcgray125

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
does anyone know where I can get some decent live rock that has goodies on it? Not having much luck here :sad:
thanks everyone

Getting it online you will certianly have to recure it and have a cycle .. I have heard of a few places but they slip my mind at the moment ... I know this is of absolutly NO help to you ... :D

Getting it online you will certianly have to recure it and have a cycle .. I have heard of a few places but they slip my mind at the moment ... I know this is of absolutly NO help to you ... :D

thank you for letting me know about the recuring it, and I really do appreciate you getting back to me too =)
thanks again

No problem . Here are a couple places that I could not think of last night , brain fry I guess ...
Either way you will need to cycle/recure it , but I have heard good things about these places ...
http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/

Premium Aquatics

Aquarium live rock

FloridaPets
I have ordered from florida pets and had great experiences from them ...
you will need to cure it again but you end up with some intresting things such as mantis shrimps ,crabs , sponges , mini brittle stars some are great hitch hikers some not so much , One place to stay away from is aquacon they are not ones to actually send what you pay for and are scammers .... all these above links I have heard great things about !! :)

Well all new shipped LR should be placed in a tub outside the tank for final curing before being placed in the DT. That way you should be able to find all the nasties (except for isopods) before they get to your tank.

Well all new shipped LR should be placed in a tub outside the tank for final curing before being placed in the DT. That way you should be able to find all the nasties (except for isopods) before they get to your tank.
This is only if your tank is up and running , if you are starting it I see no reason why you could not put it in your tank to start off it is a great source of ammonia ... ;)

This is something I'm going to have to look into as well.

The LFS here locally does technically have live rock but it doesn't look good and I don't know if I would want it. Recently they pulled out 2 2' long worms of some sort from their rock tank! (well, that was what I was told, I didn't see them).

I am in that place weekly and never see their stock change at all... always the same rocks at the same level. One of the employees said I may be better off getting from somewhere online...

Sadielynn
you will need to cure it again but you end up with some intresting things such as mantis shrimps ,crabs
Even when starting a new tank I'd rather check for these in a bin outstide of the DT. Ever try to get a mantis or Cirolanids isopod out of a large DT?

Sadielynn

Even when starting a new tank I'd rather check for these in a bin outstide of the DT. Ever try to get a mantis or Cirolanids isopod out of a large DT?
Nope but we thought we had a mantis and we located the rock and gave it a bath and found 5-10 pistols shrimps :p

Back
Top Bottom