Problem is I am scared the hippo will die in the QT because of the ammonia spiking and going high because it's not cycled. in fact I just set the QT up two days ago and already the ammonia is waayyy up there, so If I put the hippo in the QT without being cycled with ammonia in the water, won't the hippo die anyway? So I don't know. You think that's what's killing all my fish? Ick? Aside from the injury the wrasse had anyway and the slight ammonia spike? Maybe a combination of them all?
I did dose the main tank with melafix and pimafix, I've had good results in the past with these products. Its time I start going with my experience and gut feeling instead of going crying to other people :P
if I can move the hippo over to the QT and treat him for ick then I should be good, IF he makes which in IMO
it's the late. Odds are I'll just ending losing him which would make me feel so bad because that's the entire tank dead.