Lost my little friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmkx3

Aquarium Advice Freak
:sad: I just lost one of my clownfish. It is so sad. Her tank mate is so upset. He is looking everywhere for her. How long does it take them to get over this? I know my husband says I'm stupid that fish don't grieve. I am not sure, cause it sure does look like to me that he is. I just want to go and buy a new clown tomarrow. I am not really sure what was wrong with my little friend that I lost. I think he might have gotten attacked by a hermit crab that i had in the tank. One side of her face was red and a little swollen and she wouldn't eat. When I took her out it looked like she had a cut on her gill. I HAVE REMOVED THE CRAB. I didn't realize that they will attack sleeping fish.

I personally dont think it was the hermit crab. A clownfish could knock the heck out of a hermit. I am sorry about your loss. I lost my eel last week and know how you feel.

I am sorry for your lost I 2 have 2 clowns and I would be sadden if one would pass... :-(

Fish species that "bond" do show a visable change in behavior when thier bond dies...so I don't think it's stupid to say the fish feels some sort of a primitive form of sadness or loss.

Yeah, lost my two fish. Ich devoured them. Never not quarantine again.

Back
Top Bottom