lower nitrates..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elchakas

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi, so im new to aquarium advise. ived always like to read the threads but i have never actually posted one. in new in saltwater as well. i have a 60g fowlr aquarium with only two clowns and a damsel (they get along well). today i tested my water and the nitrates tested at 10 ppm.. how can i lower this?? and could this be deadly to my fish???

Hi welcome to the forum!

10ppm of trates isnt really that bad in a fowlr tank. :) A couple good size water changes will knock that number right down.

Hope that helps!

My nitrates were at 40 for a long time be aide my tap water was really bad. I got a rodi unit and lost no fish.

I experienced that my Nitrates were at 20ppm until I used Distilled Water from the supermarket. It worked almost instantly. Now that I remember I am almost sure that it dropped to zero overnight. My tap water was my problem as to why my Nitrates were so high.

Wow... yeah i used to se tapwater as well now i get my water from scripps institute in san diego

Just finished the water change.. ill test later on tonight..=)

Back
Top Bottom