LR from LFS, how good is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lecithin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've attached a few pics of some LR at a local fish store of mine. The stuff had tons of growth on it. I've been looking at all the pics in the show off section and they don't have growth like this so I'm wondering if there is almost too much on this rock.

The water isn't the clearest/cleanest but maybe that is a good thing since my tank needs to cycle this LR will bring me all kinds of good stuff?

Really it looks like the algae went crazy and I'm thinking that some of those pieces are not good to have...

And it'll give me eventual clean up crew a playground?

Heres a pics

img_839534_0_fb762f08470636ce7c2a4d2eac69d44a.jpg

img_839534_1_9e3b0776b84ce930511afe8e6d46d070.jpg

img_839534_2_2fcf0c2ad15d3cc10c89fb3c02d1ff1d.jpg
[/img]

If you have a tang in your tank he will really love that macro algea. What do you have in your tank? Maybe you could add that to your info. As I said if you have any fish that would eat the macro then you`ll be OK if not then you dont want it as it will grow like fire in the tank.

It looks like some Florida or Caribbean aqua-cultured rock.
I'm wondering if there is almost too much on this rock.
I don't think so. How biog is the tank and how many lbs of rock is that?
The water isn't the clearest/cleanest but maybe that is a good thing since my tank needs to cycle this LR will bring me all kinds of good stuff?
The water will clear with time. THe addition of the cured LR will certainly help the cycle time. I also suggest asking the LFS for a cup or two of LS from one of their established reef tanks to help seed the sand bed. YOU will just have to wait and see how the rock responds to the cycle.

That looks like pretty good rock to cycle your tank with. Scrape of all obvious dead material and remove as much of the algae as you can before putting it in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom