Lunare wrasee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ray coop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have 250g can I add any other wrasse

The lunare I have is very peaceful and does not bother any fish on the tank

I have a half dozen wrasses in my 90g and a lunar is among them. Very active fish and kinda nasty. He picks on any new fish and is huge! lol But you have the size down since your tank is so big.

Need to know your other stock.

I have

8 blue damsels
3 heniocus
6 mono
Yellow tang
Fox face
4 false peculiar clowns
Lunare wrasse

Thank you for your reply

I'd say you'll be fine adding a lunar. You dont have any crazy aggressive fish and are thoughtfully stocked. :)

Mine likes to jam himself in between rocks to sleep, lol, so dont be surprised if yours does the same. Mine also will curl up in a ball and lay on the sand in the back corner of the tank, I think these are just "rest" times. hehe

But it is a great fish! Good luck!

I think you misunderstood I already have A lunare looking to add another he will get along with

ooooh lol. I get you now. hehe

Me, I wouldnt do it. they can be kinda nasty and to have two in the same tank, even if it is pretty darn big might become an issue. Mine does laps back and forth all day so I expect yours does something similar. He will be bound to find the new one and quick.
BUT that just me and I dont know the behavior of your lunar now and if 250 really is that that big, I only have a 180g now as my big tank and it doesnt seem that big to me. lol

ANother option would be a coris wrasse, the red ones are very cool and grow up to be quite awesome looking. I'd throw a few yellow coris in there too, for some color. :)

Thanks but what I meant is j want to add another type of wrasse not the same

Just saw this. Year ago I had a coris and all it did was stay hidden under the sand??

You are fine mixing wrasses. Just research each one to find a good combo. :) Like I said, I have I think 6 wrasses in a 90g and they do just fine.

Coris can be kinda skittish at first, my red one will dive under the sand if he isnt feeling safe or I start messing with the tank. lol My yellow did the same when I had one in the 90g but my 180g has a yellow coris and he does nothing but swim back and forth all day long. I think he sleeps under the sand but he is almost always out and about.

I have a lunar in my 300 gallon tank. Added a bird wrasse a few weeks ago. It chased it for the first few days and the bird hid for about a week. They get along pretty well now, but lunar is still more aggressive towards it. My lunar is about 7-8 inches and the bird is 5-6 inches. Just my experience, no expertise implied.

Mine is actually very docile does not bother anything at all. Do you think he will get along with a paddle or banana wrasse

Back
Top Bottom