Lunare Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrouff

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I added a lunare wrasse last week and he seemed to be getting along fine...until I got up this morning and noticed that my red knob starfish had chunks taken out of him. I pulled the starfish out, but was wondering if anyone else has had problems like this with a wrasse. Also, should I worry about the wrasse and my other fish. I currently only have 2 damsels, two ocell. clowns, a blenny, a cleaner shrimp, and about two dozen hermits.

Thanks in advance

mrouff said:
I added a lunare wrasse last week and he seemed to be getting along fine...until I got up this morning and noticed that my red knob starfish had chunks taken out of him. I pulled the starfish out, but was wondering if anyone else has had problems like this with a wrasse. Also, should I worry about the wrasse and my other fish. I currently only have 2 damsels, two ocell. clowns, a blenny, a cleaner shrimp, and about two dozen hermits.

Thanks in advance

hey I have a pinstripe wrasse and the same thing happened to me with my chocolate chip starfish... I guess no star fish for us :(

I have a Lunare Wrasse in a pretty large tank. He is fun to watch. Very active. I think due to their aggressive nature you have to watch what you keep as tankmates. I had a Yellow Tang that I lost not too long after I added him. I think the YT's immune system was stressed by his aggressiveness. Also a very aggressive eater right from my hand. He eats flakes also.

Back
Top Bottom