mabey sw isnt for me just yet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cholbert

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well after days and days of reading i think im going to tear down my cycling sw tank and wait till i get a 75+ gal and enough time and money to do it. glad i did all the research before i added any fish. only thing im out atm is 2 cocktail shrimp and 15 lbs of rock ( not live ). so no worse for wear. guess before i started reading i really had no clue how much time and equipment went into a sw compared to fw lol. reading on just the water changes in seperate airated container ( with a 3 yo that wont leave anything alone ) made me cringe. but im not a quitter lol. i will have a sw tank, just gonna wait a little bit.

Maybe it just isn't the time yet. I know it wasn't for me a while back, and i waited until i had the money and the time to support my tank and it's needs, being a first year college student and all.. and having no job.

But this is ok. At least you know what it is that you want in the future, and you are researching in order to obtain it. One thing i will say, is that even if the SW journey stops here, it doesn't mean your research has to. Research will only make you smarter of the SW hobby, and will make you better prepared for anything that may come your way. I currently don't have a tank, but i still research constantly on new equipment that comes out, new creatures, and so much more. Research is endless.

I do hope you eventually come back to SW because this is an endlessly rewarding hobby.
Good Luck and don't stop researching!

I`m sorry to hear that too but better safe than sorry. We will be here when you are ready.

ya im coming up on my 3rd year of college and all my job offers are out of state atm so tryign to move a sw 12 hours away doesnt seem feasable imo.

Gee, why not just get rid of the "Kid".................Just kidding, good luck in the future with college and lifes challenges.

Screw that! Live on the edge!
I was a sucker at walmart who got a gsp, turned out to be BW/SW, and I'm TOTALLY new to aquariums... Didn't know jack about even nitrifying etc...
I don't regret it one bit. Although going from 0 knowledge to 4 weeks later having a 55g and a 10g feeder tank, I have read a crap ton.. And it was quite exspensive going from 0 hardware to what it takes to maintain the tanks.. heh
But still, don't regret it. It's as satisfying as writing a program that took many hours...

So ya, DON'T TEAR IT DOWN!!! THINK OF THE FISH!!! :D

i might add that you have to go with what u think is best. put this way the hobby of sw will be around for along time.i have 3yr old grand dauhgter run by my 75gal and scares the poor fish.she tip toes by the tank LOL.you got to do whats right for you.good luck

As Kevin said, keep reading and researching so when you are ready it will be that much easier, and that much cheaper. You won't have to pay for things twice, or 4 times because you'll already know all the gotchas that the rest of us have made <g>.

And Kevin, I didn't realize you didn't have a tank right now. As you are so close by, feel free to come up any weekend and do a PWC, clean the glass a/o skimmer and several other fun maintenance items. I love helping poor college students further their education :cool:

But my nieces no longer care and they're out of state till break :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom