Majestic Angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Trying to find some not so common animals and research them before I decide to place an order. Anybody have one of these or know anything about them? They are incredible looking fish and I would love to get one if they are reef safe and are not extremely difficult to care for.

I was also considerint a Regal angel but I've read they are very difficult to care for.

As a whole, I think most of the large angels are somehwhat difficult to care for.

Quote from LiveAquaria.com

"While somewhat shy, this angel is one of the easier angelfish to keep. It requires a tank of 70 gallons or more with multiple hiding places and live rock for grazing. The Blue Girdled Angelfish is not a good reef dweller, being prone to nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates) and clam mantles. It generally will not harm small-polyped stony corals and somewhat noxious soft corals."

So it seems as far as large angels go, it is one of the easier, but maybe not so reef safe. At least you have the tank size for it, so it should be comfortable. HTH

:hat:

ah, I checked on liveaquaria but didn't realize it had another name :wink: I saw that they change as they get older and I love the way they look as a juvenille and as an adult, but if they are not going to be reef safe I guess I should pass :cry: All the fish I love turn out to be not so reef friendly. Maybe if I upgrade to a bigger tank I'll keep this one for a FOWLR?

Back
Top Bottom