Mandarin goby or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
So the other day I was checking out my tank and found out from my live sand/rocks that I have pods knowing that mandarin gobies eat these can I add one there's a ton of pods for him to eat but I don't know if they will last him if not a mandarin then what else eats the pods that can be fed by frozen food and lastly anybody know a fish that looks like a mandarin and is a mid level fish thanks

So the other day I was checking out my tank and found out from my live sand/rocks that I have pods knowing that mandarin gobies eat these can I add one there's a ton of pods for him to eat but I don't know if they will last him if not a mandarin then what else eats the pods that can be fed by frozen food and lastly anybody know a fish that looks like a mandarin and is a mid level fish thanks

If I remember correctly your tank is small and very young. Even though there appear to be thousands of pods and there probably are, a mandarin will wipe them out in a month. This fish consume an enormous amount. Unless you can get one already eating prepared foods I wouldn't do it. It will most likely die a slow death of starvation

Oh ok what fish looks similar to a blue mandarin though

Ya haha no kidding what are some good colorful mid to top level fish

Which would you recommend for a 37 gallon tank not a six line those things are well boring to me and they have to be invert safe and if I'm not mistaken aren't wrasses fish that eat inverts

Which would you recommend for a 37 gallon tank not a six line those things are well boring to me and they have to be invert safe and if I'm not mistaken aren't wrasses fish that eat inverts

No there are plenty of reef safe wrasses. Hmm um Midas blennies are cool and bright yellow. A pair of clowns. Uh orchid dottyback

I am getting 2 mocha clowns thankfully but an orchid dotty back I've never head of

Oh oh oh ya I've seen those what about a blue lined dotty back

I had a mandarin for several years until I broke down my reef tank he loved fresh hatched brine shrimp I also tried copepod cultures that was not hard to maintain

Back
Top Bottom