mandrin goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neon_hybrid

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went to the LFS yesterday, and picked up a mandrin goby... he told me as long as my tank was established, I would be fine. My thank has been running for about a year and a half, but I just rescently changed the substrate, and rescently moved the tank. Will the fish be OK, or does anyone know a way to supliment the food for the fish?

Mine will take Mysis shrimp soaked in garlic, but he is an exception to the rule. Most will only eat pods. Generally speaking you want about 50lbs of LR per Dragonette. :wink:

Very similar to what I have done. Moved my tank across town and set it up again. This was 4 weeks ago. My mandarin has gotten thinner and I know my pods are gone or very minimal.
Toby (my mandarin) is very picky, thats why he is thinner.

I have heard of a product called Biogenisis that you can get @ your LFS. It will generate thousands of pods for your dragonette to feast on, but must be used with caution.

I will try and find some locally on Wednesday, for Toby is getting hungrier by the day. I hope that he lives, for he is the only fish on my reef.

Back
Top Bottom