mangrove tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kohan Bros.

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was thinking og make a 100 gallon long fowlr mangrove agressive predatior tank. it would house a voltain lion,dogface puffer, and clown trigger. any advice

Where do the mangroves come in? Do you want them in the main tank?? I don't understand, if they were in the main the water level would need to be lowered, and they would obstruct swimming room.

i wasgoing to make like a dsb about 1 foot long anf plat them there and on the rest of the tankfrom added filltration. also wouldnot the house a shotrt sand bed

Um, sorta confused by your description, with all the misspellings, but one thing you didnt mention how they were going to stick out of the tank, which they have to. Are you planning on lowering the level of the tank, or using MH pendant lights?

The only way I can think of doing this is having two different levels in the tank, with a short divider inbetween them to stop the mud falling down into the lower level.

I've heard of people making mangrove diplays before but I have never actually seen one. You would have to choose the naturally occuring fish though. I don't think those fish you mentioned would be happy in this kind of biotope.

Why don't you just get a hang-on fuge for the mangroves?

dont do it for 2 reasons !!
one being mangroves are trees and over a bit of time the roots can and will wedge between the seems of the glass and cause it to leak :)
two the puffer will never alot it to grow ! would eat it or bite it just cause :)
also people mangroves dont have to be out of the water to start growing :) if the tanks was acrylic ya could plant the seed at the bottom of the tank and it will reach and finally grow out the top of the tank with out any issues :) most think that the top of the seed has to be above the water line this is not true at all :)

Back
Top Bottom