Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
mantis shrimp tankmates?

hello everyone. i am thinking about getting a peacock mantis shrimp. i have read a lot about them and i have an acrylic tank with live rock and about 2 inches of crushed coral sand and a pvc pipe tube.

the tank is cycled and soon i'll be ready to put the mantis in as soon as i can acquire one.

now here is the big question: what types of other life could i possible keep with the peacock mantis? i planned on pretty much housing him alone, was thinking about getting a tuxedo urchin or something to maintain algae control, but i am rather weary of actually trying that.

i've done a lot of reading, i see that that consensus is mostly you never know what you can put in there with them or what they will tolerate until you try it. anyone here keep peacock mantis with anything else?
SeymourJives is offline   Reply With Quote

mantis shrimp, rim, shrimp, tan, tankmate, tankmates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules