Marco Rocks in my Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well today I checked out my readings and everything was good. I kind of figured it would not be long before there was not cycle or even need to go threw with a curing process. When I got my dry rocks I quickly Rinse threw with tap water making sure everything was off and no dead critter where stuck to my rock. Any how day one I had a small spike in ammonia did a water change and 3 days later no signs of ammonia or nitrates or Nitrite. I know it may be premature in putting my rocks in but with my inspection of my rocks I made sure I got everything off. But this what my tank looks like now.

img_935963_0_386d7bba6d98ba12c3f5f2d6c219fdac.jpg

img_935963_1_a68c98121e157fa73944545980aa74ff.jpg

img_935963_2_f3718bcabd4ce06bc25e3241835de864.jpg

img_935963_3_d3b54d53028b864938becdbc13d392d9.jpg

I will check for ammonia tomorrow and see if I get a spike but I am confident there will not be. If so I have prepared SW mix for a change if needed.... Hope you guy like it.

I also will adding another 15#. I think that would complete my tank for adding rock. I probably would want I big Piece to make it complete.

I also will adding another 15#. I think that would complete my tank for adding rock. I probably would want I big Piece to make it complete.

I had the same problem. I bought about 60#s and it did not look like it was enough, so I added 21# more. I may have 4.5# too much but what can you do.

By the way good looking rock. I am sure the wait was worth it...

Looks pretty good. Before you know it you`ll have nitrifying bacteria teeming all over it.

That REALLY looks good...My tank is built in and has three sides painted black...I think I am going to go with some of this rock...

That REALLY looks good...My tank is built in and has three sides painted black...I think I am going to go with some of this rock...

If you do make sure he has them in stock before ordering. Don't pre- order he might for get about you.

Thanks for the advice....I have still not gotten any emails back from them...I normally would never consider doing business with someone this inconsiderate, but alot of people here have ordered, so I guess it is worth the poor service...

Like I was telling some of the other I don't think he's that bad I just think he does not have enough help to runs his business and has to much on his plate to keep up with every order. I believe that's how some people end up not getting there orders or there rocks. But I am happy with mine and I would only order from him if they are absolutely in stock...

I guess I will just call and place order with him...I really only want a little of that white rock for aesthetic reasons...thanks again...by the way, I saw some older post here about haitian rock ...do you have any experience with that....Or anyone?

Back
Top Bottom