Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-01-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Marineland Kit?

I have a two year old 20 gallon, going to upgrade to a 55. Any opinions on getting a Marineland Kit. Or should I just get a 55 gallon tank, and all else separately?

Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Depends on your needs. I bought a kit from Walmart as it was cheaper with everything. However, after awhile i noticed that I bought a new lid, upgraded lights, and a new filter. So honestly if you plan on upgrading then I recommend buying separately. At the time it was used to fresh but I moved to salt then bought the upgrades. If able to financially, I recommend just buying separate, as the filters and lights that kits usually come with may not be the best, but that could just be my personal opinion.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Petco does the $1 a gallon from time to time too. I think separate is probably better as they tend to throw together sets with the least expensive stuff and might not be enough for saltwater.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Marineland Kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
Petco does the $1 a gallon from time to time too. I think separate is probably better as they tend to throw together sets with the least expensive stuff and might not be enough for saltwater.

I believe it's going on right now. And I agree with he others piecing together what you need is best. Most if those kits are set up with the bare minimum of what you would need and are more for fw
Old 04-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

1$Gal indeed started this Sunday so hurry up. I see no need to go for kit, you probably will want better equipment, glass lids, etc then what comes stock

125 Gallon , 55 Gal FW Community
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

I will go separately then, thanks!

Tags
marine, marineland

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com