Marineland Kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaileykari

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a two year old 20 gallon, going to upgrade to a 55. Any opinions on getting a Marineland Kit. Or should I just get a 55 gallon tank, and all else separately?

Depends on your needs. I bought a kit from Walmart as it was cheaper with everything. However, after awhile i noticed that I bought a new lid, upgraded lights, and a new filter. So honestly if you plan on upgrading then I recommend buying separately. At the time it was used to fresh but I moved to salt then bought the upgrades. If able to financially, I recommend just buying separate, as the filters and lights that kits usually come with may not be the best, but that could just be my personal opinion.

Petco does the $1 a gallon from time to time too. I think separate is probably better as they tend to throw together sets with the least expensive stuff and might not be enough for saltwater.

Petco does the $1 a gallon from time to time too. I think separate is probably better as they tend to throw together sets with the least expensive stuff and might not be enough for saltwater.

I believe it's going on right now. And I agree with he others piecing together what you need is best. Most if those kits are set up with the bare minimum of what you would need and are more for fw

1$Gal indeed started this Sunday so hurry up. I see no need to go for kit, you probably will want better equipment, glass lids, etc then what comes stock

Back
Top Bottom