Maroon clown eating funny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikestanked

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been treating my 29g for ich the last 10 days with Kordon's ich attack, an all natural treatment, and a powder medication, and for the last couple of days my clown has looked fine, acted fine, but won't really eat well? He will go for the krill, mysis, and brine( I usually feed one type every other day) and he will take it in his mouth then spit it out? I also feed sinking pellets on the off days but he will go to the surface and eat those up? Any one have any ideas?
I thinks its the powder medication.

Kordons is snake oil does not cure ick ... And yes some meds will make fish not eat but yur proublem is morethan likely he has ick still and is getting weaker and less of a appetite...copper or hypo or switch tank method is only way to rid yur fish of ick

Both copper and hypo are going to require a QT tank unless you want to set yourself up for problems down the road. Copper sticks to everything and will destroy inverts, as well as anything you put in the tank in the future in terms of corals. Not worth it. Hypo will also knock out inverts. That is why both of these methods should be done in a QT, and also let's the tank run fallow and knock out any ich in 4-6 weeks...

huma-huma said:
ORRR he could trying boosting his fishs immune systems, and running a uv sterilizer.

Which is a great way to "deal" with the issue, but it won't eradicate the problem. I do agree it is a good way to help the tank tho, as it is what most aquarists do anyways...

This is prob my number 1 supporting reason for running a UV... Especially if you have a sump/refugium... That in itself provides a hospital tank for any sick fish:)

mikestanked said:
Thanks humahma, I've born looking for some POSITIVE feedback on this one. A UV just might be in the budget

Out of curiosity, what feedback was NEGATIVE? Looks to me like everyone is trying to help...

Back
Top Bottom