Maroon Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How large of a nano? The problem with anemone's is that their tissue can greatly expand and take up a large portion of a small aquarium, not to mention that any small fish, other than damsels or clownfish, are fair game in being consumed. Ocellaris or Perculas normally could care less about other fish unless breeding/spawning.

its a 10 gallon nano but i know they are very territorial about their anenome...would it be smart to just add two ocellaris and see how it goes then the goby?

You'd be better off adding a goby and then two clowns while forgetting about an anemone; They don't need one to survive.

well i have heard many interesting stories about their symbiotic life but you guys are the advisors and what does it mean to get ur tank drilled?

Symbiosis has nothing to do with quality of life. Drilling a tank refers to drilling a hole in the glass or acrylic so a sump or closed system (water flow, filtrations, etc) can be installed.

o alright and about the berlin filtration effect...all i really need is just some LR and something to create flow in the tank correct? and the LR would be sufficiant bio filtration?

Yes, live rock can provide the bulk of biological filtration; however, doesn't void the need for regular water changes either. What exactly is your system comprised of?

Live Rock
BioFiltration

It is possible, but I prefer to have an hob for added flow and security (whatever my needs may be).

oh sounds good...right now i only have 8lbs of live rock in my 10gallon tank with a 40gallon HOB filter..so i think the thing can take the bio load of a goby and two ocellaris

Back
Top Bottom