Maybe adding a sixline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 150g Fowler. Lots of rock and hiding places. I have a big porcupine puffer, large Harlequin tusk, medium foxface, dwarf golden moray and a small coinbearing angler. I was thinking about adding a sixline wrasse. I've read a lot of stuff about them becoming aggressive, but with my stocking list, should that be an issue? Maybe people put them in with more docile fish?

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think adding a six line the worst thing that could happen is it could be eaten by The harlequin or the puffer when these two reach a certain size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you would be more worried about the sixline? I was concerned about the sixline harassing my foxface or my angler. My puffer pays no attention to anyone else and the tusk is a big pussycat.

A small fish like that would end up as fish food at some point in time.
6 line can be aggressive, but it always has variables. I never had any issues from mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The one I am looking at is not small. He's about 3”

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So you would be more worried about the sixline? I was concerned about the sixline harassing my foxface or my angler. My puffer pays no attention to anyone else and the tusk is a big pussycat.

Hi there
Yes I would be based on my own experience he may have more of a chance with the puffer but once the tusk reaches a certain size there's a big chance of him eating the six line and anything Else similar size it doesn't even have to fit in their mouth they just hide their kill till later Break it down bit by bit, reason I can say this is because I lost over 40 fish to one of these couldn't work out where they were disappearing to until to late ,so when trying to catch the tusk which was around 4 to 5 inches at the time ,I was finding bits of fish everywhere. The end of the day the choice is yours and I wish you luck.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep a wrasse with a porky pine and a trigger as long as there at least 3-4 inch you should be ok as they can be fast and hid in the sand , check out the rainbow wrasse there awesome fish , mine is such a showoff

Back
Top Bottom