micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:banghead: these [moderator edit] micro bubbles are like a thorn in my side. i have a hob biowheel and im sure thats the cause of my tiny bubbles. so im trying to figure what filter would best suit my 45 gallon tank. so what do u guys think would be better a sump/fuge or a canister filter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say stick a canister filter, sumps are expensive and you only have 45g of water so the sump you would be getting would be like 15 g

I would and have gone with sumps. I used a old scratch 20 gallon tank as a sump on a 30 gallon Mandarin Goby tank and managed a 5 gallon refugium all under the 30 gallon stand. The added water makes the system more forgiving and gives a place to hide equipment. Now that 30 gallon is a refugium for my 180 reef. IMO you won't be sorry if you add a sump.

The sump would not be taking water away from your system but rather it would be adding additional water. The more water, the more stable the system. It also gives you the ability to hide your equipment in your system, rather than in the tank.

ok thanks guys. but what about the micro bubbles right now i have a hob filter and the bubbles are driving me crazy

ok ill try that next time i top off. but i topped it yesterday and filled it quit high and still no good results but i have room to go a lil higher next time.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom